This is a cracker tart when your pantry is near empty but the tiny people are starving.
Stuff you need:
8 sheets filo pastry
1 tbs Almond Meal or breadcrumbs
Cherry tomatoes and roma tomato medley
1 egg, beaten
grated lemon rind
100g Haloumi grated
- Mix ricotta, haloumi, the lemon rind, egg and oregano in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lay out one layer of filo pastry, spray with cooking oil, place another layer on top. Continue to use 8 pieces to make a stack.
- Sprinkle almond meal (or breadcrumbs to be nutfree) over top of stack (this will help stop it going soggy)
- Pour cheese mixture onto stack leaving about 4cm on each side
- Turn over sides of stack to tuck in the cheese mixture
- Spread tomatoes and Olives on top as desired
- Sprinkle a little more oregano.
- Brush turned up sides with egg wash or spray with cooking spray
- Season well
- Wack it in the oven for about 25 minutes on about 210
- Serve with salad.