One of our readers has submitted this BEAUTIFUL recipe to the nest (and we CANNOT wait to try it!)
She promises that it is healthy, not to difficult to make and very yummy! Her two little sons even approved!
- 1 Cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 Tsp salt –reduced vegetable stock
- 400g grape tomatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- 150g low-fat ricotta
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Chives
- 2 Tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan with the stock powder and 2 cups water. Stir to combine and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 12mins or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Toss tomatoes and asparagus in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and place on a roasting tray, season with sea salt and cracked pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl, add the eggs and grated parmesan and stir until well combined. Lightly oil a non stick tart tin with a removable base. Press the quinoa mixture evenly and firmly into the base and side of the tin to form a thick crust. Bake for 15mins or until light golden.
- Combine the goat’s cheese, ricotta, parsley, chives and lemon rind in a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread the cheese mixture over the quinoa base. Top with the roasted tomatoes and asparagus and bake for a further 5-10mins or until warmed through.
- To serve sprinkle with the basil leaves.
Thanks for sharing with the nest Kellie!
NESTERS: We always love hearing from you, so if you have a recipe that is a firm hit with your family we would love to hear from you! Just shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org