Sneaky zucchini, hidden carrot, less obvious onion.
This zucchini slice recipe from TASTE is a big hit in our little nest.
We don’t always follow the recipe exactly. This is the place to hide those lonely leftover vegies at the end of the week before the next shopping trip. We have often added mushrooms, capsicum, corn and peas. The variations are endless.
- 5 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 375g zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Happy cooking (and sneaky vegie hiding) Nesters!