probably, maybe, definitely isn’t likely to be the best help for any health new years resolutions you have made in the last few days but this was just too pretty/delicious/cute not to share.
Buzzfeed has compiled 33 of the best cakes you are likely to see in a while. You can find the link here -> Buzzfeed – Cutest Cakes of 2013
There is everything from cheesecakes to ombre to gummy bears.
As they say, “If you ever doubt that the world is a beautiful place, just remember: We’ll always have sugar, butter and flour”.
Happy sugar loading Nesters!
Sneaky zucchini, hidden carrot, less obvious onion.
This zucchini slice recipe from TASTE is a big hit in our little nest.
photo source: Taste
We don’t always follow the recipe exactly. This is the place to hide those lonely leftover vegies at the end of the week before the next shopping trip. We have often added mushrooms, capsicum, corn and peas. The variations are endless.
- 5 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 375g zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Happy cooking (and sneaky vegie hiding) Nesters!