Holy guacamole Batman, I was just perusing my calender (cause I’m cool like that) and realised that Easter is literally just around the corner!
Nearly upon us is that time of over indulgence, over eating and general overload of chocolate!
So we contacted our fantastic resident health expert Riss Beer from Larissa Beer Personal Training to give us some hints, tips and realistic motivation to take care of ourselves this Easter holiday.
Hi again Nesters!
I know what it is like, you’re busy, you’re stressed, there’s plenty of parties and events to go to … so why not just take a break from your fitness program until after Easter? Sure, you can always come up with an excuse not to exercise. But slacking off on your exercise during the Easter break will only leave you with more kilos and more stress. So here are some tips to keep on track during the chocolate period.
- Its important to keep exercise a priority during this Easter long weekend, so if it helps schedule a certain time each day dedicated just to exercise, this way you know it will get done.
- Try to maintain your normal exercise routine as much as possible. People who are able to maintain their normal exercise regime and dietary regime during their holiday break will have more success in managing their weight.
- Watch yourself: Monitor how much you eat and exercise during the break. People who consistently monitor these behaviours in the holidays are more likely to maintain or even lose weight, sure you can have a chocolate or two for Easter, just don’t go overboard and overindulge when it comes to ALL food choices, it may taste great at the time but you will regret it later.
- If you’re travelling, planning ahead can make all the difference. Take some time to figure out what your options are so you’re ready for anything. Just a few ideas:
-Search for walking, running or park trails nearby
-Look up information about the hotel you’re staying at and find out if they have an exercise room
-If you’re staying with family, ask if they have any fitness equipment
-If that’s not an option, find a nearby gym and ask if they let guests use their facility
- If you are pressed for time and cant get to the gym, or your gym closes during the Easter period, try an at home no equipment circuit, these are great as they use limited space take roughly 30 minutes. They incorporate both high intensity cardio and body resistance exercises. Exercise DVDs are also readily available and great for those pressed for time.
- Walk as much as possible. Take extra laps at the shopping centre, use the stairs, volunteer to walk the dog (pets need exercise too)
I hope you enjoy this Easter period with your loved ones.
Happy health Nesters!
If you are still on your New Year’s health bandwagon and looking to give up soft drink then this is for you.
Like everyone knows it is empty calories, but you know, well, tasty. But still crap for you.
So, if you are going to give up maybe you need some hints.
My Fitness Pal has some great tips to give up the fizzy.
Happy health nesters x
Everyone is looking for a fun way to get fit and this Nesters is by far the funnest way I have seen yet!
Happening every Tuesday in B-town is Bathurst RollerFit Classes.
Basically during the class you will increase your cardio endurance, flexibility, core strength, agility and balance.
For more information head here -> www.rollerfit.com.au/locations/bathurst/
Happy fitness Nesters x
One of our very favourite contributors to the blog is the fantastically motivating and friendly Riss from Larissa Riss Personal Training.
She offers one on one and group training in a supportive and energetic environment and is the perfect addition to your fitness regime.
Whether you are interested in losing some weight, you have a specific injury or just want to improve your general overall fitness then look no further.
Riss will meet with you in a comfortable and supportive environment to discuss the outcome that you want to achieve and together you will work out the best, most efficient way to achieve your goals.
The gorgeous Riss has happily jumped on the Christmas Prizeapolooza bandwagon and is offering a wonderful prize to one very lucky Nester. You could kick off the New Year with a one on one personal training session that also includes a detailed personal consultation. Fantastic!
To be in the running all you have to do is be a ‘liker’ of Larissa Beer Personal Training as well as The Central Nest and ‘like’ the competition post on our Facebook page.
Remember for an additional entry remember to ‘tag’ a friend!
Prize will be drawn 21 November 2014!
Good luck Nesters!
The days are longer, the skirts are shorter and it is official that summer is FINALLY on its way!
Our resident health expert, Riss from Larissa Beer Personal Training has a fantastic October special for all the Nesters out there!
If you have been thinking about trying out a personal trainer then here is the perfect opportunity!
Riss is friendly, approachable and professional. She can create a workout plan that allows you to reach your goals and push your boundaries, while still being in safe and comfortable environment.
Happy working out Nesters!
This could quite possibly be the most important 90 seconds of your child’s life. It could change your entire family. It could impact you to your core.
It certainly hit me hard in the feelings.
This public service announcement from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta shows the impact our everyday choices are making on the future of the most innocent of all. Our children.
You are responsible. We are responsible.
Let’s rewind our future. Start over again. Make a difference to this global epidemic.
I have a bit of crush on Dr Joanna. She is smart, clever and informative. Plus, you can always understand what she is saying because she speaks in everyday language.
In another brilliant article for Essential Kids she discusses things you can do to improve your little birdies’ immunity over the cooler winter months. You can find it here -> Top 10 Immunity Boosters for Kids
Happy reading Nesters!