Some people find solace in burpees, others like lifting weights. I however LOVE this guy and try to drop my booty to his tracks daily.
Not only is it a bit of cardio but it is hella fun. I find I just shake it out whenever I watch his videos.
The fitness marshall is enthusiastic, vibrant and funny and I totally believe we are spirit-animal-BFFS-on-otherside-of-the-world-kinda-pals.
His backup dancers are the bomb and kill it every single time. Plus, he doesn’t use typical dancers, they just look like the rest of us!
So if you want a little more pep in your step check this guy out, I guarantee you WILL NOT regret it.
This is my fave – Meghan Trainor – Me Too ->
Happy booty shaking nesters x
The moment you choose to have a child is momentous, not only will you be responsible for a real life tiny human but your life and existence will never be the same.
Sometimes no matter how prepared you think you are, it doesn’t quite go the way it should.
So here is some information for the Dads out there who may be sad. Please, I beg you don’t feel alone, 1 in 10 fathers get diagnosed with Post Natal Depression, but they are only the ones that are diagnosed.
Dad’s and Post Natal Depression – Help is available.
Make sure you pass this onto all the dads in your life.
Our brilliant, resident personal trainer, Riss from Larissa Beer Personal Training, has some great advice to help you get out of an exercise rut!
Hi again Nesters!
Like anything if you don’t love it, you’re not going to want to do it, the same applies to exercise. When that happens we end up in an exercise rut.
An exercise rut often happens when you workout all the time but you’re bored. The love just isn’t there and it’s a real struggle each day to get out of bed and head to the gym. What’s even worse is that you may not be seeing the results anymore.
A rut means your workout has become easy or boring for you and no longer challenges your body. In order to see weight loss, improve muscle tone, or increase your cardiovascular endurance, you need to change things up a bit.
So here are my favourite tips to help you get out of a rut:
- If you are a cardio junkie, try adding some weights to your program.
- Change the intensity in which you train, try a heavier weight or add some sprints into your jog (I want you to pick up that pace!)
- Get out of your comfort zone, try something new. Even if you love what you do, it doesn’t mean there isn’t another form of exercise out there for you as well.
- Reassess your goal, are they the same as they were when you started the program? If they are then you might need to reassess. Write down your new goals and then create a new program to work towards achieving the new goals.
- Buy new workout clothes. Trust me it works, we all feel better when we buy something new, and you looking smokin’ in your new clothes may just be what you need to bring the spark back into your workouts.
- Create a new playlist, music can play a big part to the way people exercise. It can keep the beat when you’re running, but if you’re tired and bored of your old music then it could be reflecting on your workouts, you need to enjoy your training sessions.
- Find a fitness buddy, someone who will keep you motivated and not just talk to you while you both go for a leisurely stroll in the sun. You need someone who has similar goals to yourself and has high commitment levels.
- Exercise outside. We are now in summer, so the sun is out making it more enjoyable to be outdoors, so if you usually exercise inside change it up and step outside.
- Have a rest day. As important as it is to exercise you also need to rest. The reason you may be in a rut is because you are working out too much. Have one rest day a week to let your body recover
Of course, make sure you speak to your doctor before starting any new health regime.
As always, if you have any health or fitness questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
So exactly NO BODY likes cradle crap.
It is unsightly, annoying and a bloody shit to get rid of.
The fantastic team at Mums Grapevine have put together a fabulous list of ideas to get the Cradle Cap under control.
Let us know if you have any tips or suggestions that helped you remove it!
Good luck Nesters x
Every one knows how good swinging your kettle can be for you, but it’s always WAY too much effort, plus you don’t know what exercise to do and it is so time consuming.
Well I am about to smash your excuses with 3 Quick Kettle Bell Exercises Anyone Can Do
Now swing your bell and call it a day.
Please take the time to read this. I cannot stress that enough.
Postpartum depression or anxiety is the MOST common complication of childbirth.
It is non discriminatory. It is horrible. It will engulf you and those you love.
The Struggle of New Mothers With Postpartum Depression will help explain to you what you need to know about this condition.
Follow this link to see the full image -> The Struggle of New Mothers With Postpartum Depression
Knowledge is power and you might just save someone you love.
Happy health Nesters x
There is this thing called dirt and when you add water it becomes fun. I am talking hella fun, especially when you mix in your best mates and a girl’s weekend away.
Hello there Miss Muddy.
No, I am not talking dirty, well actually I am but different dirty.
Miss Muddy is an obstacle course comprising of mud, colour, climbing, slipping, sliding and lots of laughs! It is an un-timed course where it is all about fun.
My girlfriends and I did this last year and have just enrolled to go again in Penrith in September, you should come along!
I promise you WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Come along we will be ‘chaffing our dreams’
See you there!
Every man and his dog, and cat and goldfish’s aunt is concerned these days about healthy eating and exactly what we should be shoving down our traps.
Today we found 24 Diagrams That Make Healthy Eating Super Easy
It basically spells out everything from the right fruit serving size to whether peanuts are included in Paleo eating (p.s they aren’t!)
Bookmark it so you can refer back with any of your health food related questions!
Happy health Nesters xo
So there is this lady and she is pretty smart and pretty and clever and stuff.
She just also happens to be the leading weight loss motivator in Australia and so when she talks we listen.
Michelle Bridges knows her stuff so when she tells us what snacks are best for weight loss we sit up and listen (and stock our fridge accordingly).
You can find the snack list here -> Best Snacks For Weight Loss
Happy health Nesters x
Marriage can be tough. It’s an ongoing process that needs attention.
So what happens if you are in a bad marriage? Would you know the signs?
Did you know that research shows that people in bad marriages usually have low self-esteem, struggle with anxiety and depression, and have a higher rate of illness than those who don’t.
This article by Hannah Hickok indicates 7 Signs That You Might Be In An Unhappy Marriage.
It is certainly worth a read. Have you given up fighting just because it’s not worth it any more? Do you feel like you aren’t being heard? Sometimes the signs are there and you just need to be reminded of them.
Of course, it isn’t too late, but this article might help you realise there is a problem.
Happy health Nesters x