I hate those days when you have no idea what to cook for dinner and are left scouring the pantry for ingredients that kinda/maybe/probably go together.
Here is our latest creation:
12 minute pantry mystery dinner
Things you will need:
- Chicken (about 500 grams)
- 1 Onion – finely chopped
- 1 capsicum (red or green) sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs vegie stock paste (from Thermomix) – optional
- Basil/Oregano/Parsley – doesn’t really matter just something to add some flavour!
- Pasta of choice (we mixed spaghetti and fettuccine because we didn’t have enough of either one!)
- Olive oil
- Cook the onion in a pan until it becomes translucent
- Add garlic and your cubed chicken and cook until golden
- Add capsicum and canned tomatoes and stock paste and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet instructions
- Serve pasta with chicken mix on top.
*You could add olives/sundried tomatoes/bacon or anything you have in the cupboard or fridge. This is essentially our ‘use the leftovers’ dish.
A bit plus of this dish is that the little birdies LOVE IT!
What’s your family’s go-to?