Our brilliant, resident personal trainer, Riss from Larissa Beer Personal Training, has some great advice regarding at home exercising.
Hi again Nesters!
I love exercise! Really I do. Everything about it. I especially love the feeling of my muscles burning and working up a sweat.
Yet, like everyone else there are days, particularly on the frosty and cold winter days when the temptation to stay inside by the fire with a warm cup of tea seems much more ideal than braving the elements!
BUT winter and cold weather are no excuse for not getting your daily dose of exercise. There are plenty of simple and effective exercises that you can do at home that require no gym equipment.
Today I am providing some of my favourites with you. This is a quick 30 minute circuit – because surely you can fit 30 minutes of exercise in, especially when it’s in the comfort of your own home.
Each exercise will go for 1 minute which you will then repeat after you have gone through the circuit once.
- Jog (just a simple jog on the spot to get the heat rate going and warm your muscles up)
- Mountain climbers
- Push ups (if you can’t do a full push up, then a modified or wall push up is perfectly fine)
- Alternate lunges (lunging from one leg to the other rather than your standard static lunge)
- Bicycle crunches
- Tricep dips (for this one you will need a chair or coffee table)
- Skipping (no rope required just pretend you have a rope and start skipping)
- Prone hold (if you can’t do the whole minute on your toes then come down to your knees)
- Lying side leg raises right side (lying on your side bend the lower leg, keep top leg straight and pulse up and down)
- Lying side leg raises left side
- High knees (just like jogging on the spot but bring your knees high and pick up the pace
- Sit ups
- Star jumps
Make sure you remember to repeat the circuit and then 30 minutes later you are done!!
Finish with some stretches and your at home workout is complete (and you haven’t even had to leave your lounge room!)
Of course, make sure you speak to your doctor before starting any new health regime.
As always, if you have any health or fitness questions please email me at email@example.com
Happy health Nesters!