LITHGOW FIRE is still burning – here is an update from the Rural Fire Service
While fire activity has decreased, people along the Bells Line of Road should be aware of fire burning in the area. Continue to monitor the situation.
If the fire threatens your property, seek shelter immediately to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
With multiple fires in the area, please postpone non-essential travel to keep the roads clear for firefighting efforts.
Follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan. If you do not have a Bush Fire Survival Plan, ensure you know what you will do if the fire threatens your property.
Evacuation centres are established at
- Lithgow Workers Club – 3 Tank Street, Lithgow
- Blackheath Community Centre – Great Wester Highway, Blackheath
- Springwood Sports Centre – 83 Macquarie Road, Springwood
The evacuation centre at Bilpin Community Centre – 2596 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin is now CLOSED.
The following roads remain closed:
- Darling Causeway
- Bells Line of Road between Lithgow and Bell
- There is no access from Hartley Valley Road onto Darling Causeway
- State Mine Gully Road
- Blackfellows Hands Road
The following schools in the Blue Mountains area will be closed on Friday 18 October:
- St Columba’s
- St Thomas Aquinas
- Winmalee Public School
- Winmalee High School
- Ellison Primary School
- Bunya Childcare Centre
- Rainbow Childcare Centre
- Zig Zag Education Facility
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- Motorists and travellers are advised to check www.livetraffic.com or www.131500.com.aubefore travelling.
- Roads may be closed without warning.
our thoughts are with all our neighbours who are affected. Stay safe.