In case you are still hiding under your winter-moss-rock here’s some exciting news – Summer is finally on its way! Summer means some great things like ice cream, swimming and dresses but also means you can’t hide behind oversized jumpers any longer!
Here our resident health commandoette, Larissa Beer from Larissa Beer Personal Training explains why working out with music can give your motivation a little extra kick.
There are three main benefits to incorporating music into any workout:
- Music helps you focus, it assists in shutting out any external noises which will allow you to fully concentrate on the task at hand. It is also brilliant for maintaining a positive mindset throughout your workout.
- Music can be used to enhance performance, music with an up-tempo beat can keep you powering on for longer and keep you in a more energised state, particularly as you are coming towards the end of your workout. Try and pick the right tempo music for your workout. Slow gentle tunes for yoga and relaxation exercises fast upbeat tracks for running or cycling.
- Music for motivation, when we listen to our favourite songs during a fitness routine, we feel more inclined to intensify the workout. This is because the music makes us feel good and you are likely to want to keep going for just a little bit longer.
Larissa’s Top 10 Workout Tracks:
- Can’t stop- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- We found love- Rihanna
- I love it- Icona Pop
- Live it up- JLo feat Pitbull
- Set it off- Timomatic
- Raise your glass- Pink
- Some nights-Fun.
- Till the world ends-Britney Spears
- Its my life-Bon Jovi
- Love on top- Beyoncé
Happy exercising Nesters!