This is one of our family’s favourites!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400 gm vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 red banana chillies, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 60 gm Greek feta
- 12 large green prawns, peeled, cleaned
- To serve: crusty white bread and green salad (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Heat oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until starting to soften (2-3 minutes), add tomato and chilli and sauté until starting to soften (2-3 minutes). Add wine and herbs and reduce until slightly thickened (1-2 minutes).
- Crumble feta over top, transfer casserole to oven and roast until sauce thickens and feta begins to melt (15 minutes).
- Remove from oven, gently push prawns into sauce, return to oven and roast until prawns are cooked through (3-5 minutes).
- Serve hot with crusty white bread and green salad, if desired.